Heart Care and Heart Health:
Spandan Point of Care Portable ECG machine is a revolutionary game changer in the domain of heart health that helps in the diagnosis and prevention of heart abnormalities. With an accuracy of 99.7%, this portable ECG machine offers free automated interpretation and best quality reports, and is considered the best in its category by doctors and scientists worldwide.
This advanced portable ECG machine effectively aids in protecting people from heart attacks, cardiac arrest and stroke.
Heart failure is the leading cause of death, with cardiovascular diseases claiming over 18 million lives per year, and it is going to be even worse in the coming future.
But have you ever wondered why this is the case?
Components of the modern age like stress, air pollution, unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, excessive smoking and drinking, and so on, are hazardous to our heart’s wellness, sometimes leading us towards irreversible loss.
Plus, the unavailability and inaccessibility of cardiac care, ECG monitoring tools and equipment, combined with ignorance and wrong choices, make it difficult to achieve optimal heart health, especially in rural and remote areas.
Our heart is a primary organ and is responsible for smooth blood circulation and the transportation of nutrients throughout the body. The heart of a normal person beats billions of times and pumps over 200 million liters of blood over an average lifespan. It is essential for the heart to work efficiently for a healthy life and even a little disturbance in its proper functioning can cause serious damage to the body.
Arrhythmias like Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial Flutter, Bradycardia, etc., and other heart defects like Coronary Artery Disease, Pericardial Disease, and Cardiomyopathy are heart defects that can develop with or without any symptoms due to old age, improper diet, lack of exercise, and cholesterol buildup in the arteries, which can lead to heart failure.
And that is why early diagnosis and prevention are the best solutions, which are effectively offered by the Spandan portable ECG machine with just the help of your smartphone.
Why are Portable ECG machines a necessity as Point of Care?
One of the main health issues in our day-to-day lives is how to preserve our primary organ, the heart, and keep it working safely in order to lead a productive life away from all kinds of diseases and infections.
The point-of-care devices have high levels of sensitivity but low specificity, which makes them suitable to screen the masses for diseases.
They are user-friendly and are not against the methods used in clinical settings.
Point of Care devices are necessary to expand the canvas of qualitative data collection from a broader population to screen undiagnosed patients suffering from heart attacks and arrhythmias by providing effective ECG monitoring systems.
Advantages of Portable ECG Machine as Point of Care:
- Detects all kinds of cardiovascular diseases
- Helps in preventing heart attacks
- Offers self-ECG monitoring
- Easy to use and manage
- Unlimited ECG tests
- Provision of lab-quality results in minutes
- Robust near-patient diagnosis
- Reduced need for clinical visits
- More time to focus on treatments
- Consistent with Gold Standard ECG
Spandan Portable ECG machine and how it helps you?
Spandan is a clinically proven 12 lead ECG machine, weighing only 12 grams, that through its effortless functioning and easy operation, helps you in your heart’s ECG monitoring and detect heart issues and prevent all kinds of cardiovascular disorders with the help of a free ECG monitoring application on your smartphone.
Providing convenient and accurate diagnosis of heart conditions from the comfort of your home or clinic, Spandan Portable ECG machine has qualified to be a life-saver worldwide.
The sensitivity of Spandan 12 lead ECG is high as it can provide high-quality measurements of the biomarkers in diverse clinical settings, including acute care, outpatient clinics, clinical research centers, homes, rural areas and developing countries.
Spandan helps in rapid clinical decision-making, which can save lives and be economical for patients. Spandan can reduce the prehospital delays when a heart attack occurs.
Why do you need Spandan ECG?
Spandan Portable ECG monitor is needed for:
- Identifying cardiovascular diseases
- Detecting heart attack symptoms like chest pain, palpitations, fatigue, dizziness, confusion, etc.
- Differentiating between gas pain and cardiac pain.
- Tracking heart health for people with a history of heart attack or cardiac surgery.
- Regular ECG monitoring
- Preventing heart attacks
Who all need Spandan ECG Portable machine?
Spandan Portable ECG machine is needed by:
1. General Practitioners
To detect and diagnose heart attack symptoms like chest pain in patients in the initial stage or to differentiate between gas pain and cardiac pain.
To recommend the device to the patients for regular ECG monitoring at home so abnormal heart episodes can be recorded at the right time.
3. Heart Patients
For taking frequent ECG tests in order to prevent further heart problems.
4. Senior Citizens
For regular ECG monitoring to discover a developing heart disease or to prevent heart attack or cardiac arrest.
5. Fitness Freaks
To keep a regular track of heart health so that future heart complications can be prevented.
Features of Spandan ECG:
What Spandan ECG portable device can detect – Heart Diseases
4 major Arrhythmias detected with Spandan Portable ECG machine:
- Atrial Fibrillation or Afib, is the most common type of arrhythmia, where the heart beats irregularly and abnormally, faster than normal. It can create blood clots and increase stroke risk.
- Atrial Flutter, where the upper chambers of the heart beat too quickly, resulting in a rapid heartbeat.
- Bradycardia, where the heart beats at a slower rate than normal.
- Sinus Tachycardia, where the heart beats faster than normal due to stress or exercise.
3 major Myocardial Infarction and Ischemia detected with Spandan Portable ECG machine:
- Anterior wall MI, where the anterior tissue or wall of the heart suffers from a lack of blood supply.
- Ventricular Premature Complexes or VPCs, where extra heartbeats disturb the regular rhythm of the heart leading to serious cardiovascular issues.
- Myocardial Ischemia occurs when the blood flow to the heart muscle is obstructed due to blockage in the arteries.
3 major heart dysfunctions detected with Spandan Portable ECG machine:
- ST-T Change is a type of heart dysfunction associated with hypertension and diabetes.
- T Wave Inversion is associated with chest pain and suggests Myocardial Ischemia.
- P Wave Absence indicates a lack of sinus beats along with fibrillation or flutter waves.
Tests Spandan Portable ECG machine can perform?
1. Lead II Test (Arrhythmia Test)
Spandan Lead II test takes the Lead II for the 10-second period and provides a detailed Arrhythmia detection report. The interpretation of Rhythm as Normal, Borderline and Abnormal is provided with the classification of Arrhythmias.
2. 7 Lead ECG Test
Seven Lead is the quick test taken for detection of the ST segment. Elevation and Inversion in the Precordial (V1 to V6) and Lead II limb Leads.
3. 12 Lead ECG Test
The Spandan 12 Lead ECG test is the diagnostic test for the detection of ST elevated Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) or Heart attack. Spandan 12 lead ecg provides the information of
Six Precordial Leads (V1 to V6), Three Limb Leads (Lead I, II and III) and Three Augment Leads (aVR, aVF and aVL). The 12 lead ECG is based on the Reconstruction method by using clinically accepted methods i.e., with only 8 Leads acquisition the 12 leads are derived.
4. Heart Rate Variability (HRV) Test
Spandan HRV test records the Lead II for the duration of five minutes. Which is interpreted based on the time domain and frequency domain too.
The HRV Test measures the normal Heartbeat in 4 categories:
- Heart Health Analysis – It detects the pace of the heart rhythm and classifies the Parasympathetic and Sympathetic nervous responses of other organs in the body.
- Heart Stress Coping Ability – This feature detects the level of Heart stress due to lifestyle disorders and its capability to recover the Stress.
- HRV Test Analysis – The Heart Rate Variability test analysis interprets the variation in the heart rates over the duration of five minutes and classifies it under the Normal HRV, High Normal HRV, Low Mid HRV and Low HRV.
- Heart Electrical Stability Test Analysis – This test determines the electrical stability of the heart by interpreting the ST segment elevation in simple and comprehensible language. The abnormality in the ST segment of the ECG if found is depicted in terms of Risk of Cardiac Disease and High/ Low electrical stability.
How accurate are Spandan Portable ECG machine tests, for patients with respect to gold standard ECG?
The accuracy of detection of Arrhythmia is 97.29% sensitive, and 98.6% specific with respect to 12 lead Gold standard ECG machines.
Spandan is 99.5% sensitive, and 98.7% specific in the detection of St elevated MI and Ischemic heart disease with respect to 12 lead Gold standard ECG machines.
Spandan is 95.9% sensitive and 88.9% specific to the cardiologist’s diagnosis of Ischemia and MI. The trace accuracy of Spandan for biological ECGs is 99.7%-95%.
What sets Spandan Portable ECG machine different from others?
- Spandan portable ECG machine follows the clinical laboratory methods for ECG monitoring. Hence, no new training is needed by clinicians except a setup demo session.
- Unlimited ECG monitoring can be done with unlimited interpretation.
- Spandan interprets more than 30 cardiovascular disorders of both electrical conductance and blood flow.
- Spandan is a battery-less device and hence needs no charging.
- Spandan portable ECG device clears the NABL recommended tests for medical devices and is safe to use.
- The printable and shareable ECG reports solve the problem of regularly visiting doctors for check-ups.
- The high sensitivity of Spandan portable ECG machine makes it ideal for clinics, homes, health camps and mass screening of cardiovascular diseases.
How did Spandan prove to be a blessing for the General Practitioners?
The Spandan Portable ECG device has proved to be a boon for doctors of the 21st century who want to upgrade their medical practice and make their clinic the ultimate all-in-one stop for patients.
Spandan makes clinical practice better and easier by providing unlimited benefits and offering highly advanced features.
Advantages of Spandan for GPs:
- No more referrals
- Unlimited free ECG tests
- Automated interpretation
- No in-app charges
- Instant results
- Free and printable reports
- All ECG tests in 1 device
- Offers HRV and Live ECG monitoring
- 24×7 accessibility
- Super affordable
How to use Spandan Portable ECG machine?
Follow these 8 simple steps to use Spandan portable ECG machine effectively:
- Download the Spandan ECG application available on the Google Play Store.
- Setup the application in Guest Mode (Recommended for Clinicians and Cardiologists).
- Connect the Spandan portable ECG machine using the connecting cable provided in the package.
- After connecting the device, go to your smartphone settings and search for OTG (if applicable). Enable OTG connection. Get back to Spandan Application.
- Select 12 lead ECG test modules in the Spandan ECG application. The 12 Lead ECG module will guide the lead placement based on the markings done earlier on the body.
- RED electrode marked ‘RA’ to be placed on the RA(as marked on the subject).
- GREEN electrode marked ‘F’ to be placed on the LA(as marked on the subject).
- YELLOW is the switching electrode that is placed on V1 to V6, LL and LA (as marked on the subject). Hence, the yellow electrode position is to be changed for every lead acquisition.
Certifications & Accreditations
Certifications of Spandan
NABL 60601-2-25, NABL 60601-1-2, NOC for sales in India by CDSCO.
Conclusion – Call to Action
Achieving good heart health and preventing heart attacks has now become an easy achievement with the revolutionary Spandan portable ECG machine.
This Point of Care ECG device has revolutionized the field of cardiac health and ECG monitoring with its outstanding features and highest quality functioning and results.
Heart disease is the primary cause of death in the world, and it is predicted that by 2030, the majority will be suffering from cardiovascular issues, and heart attacks will cause 14.2% of all deaths worldwide.
Hence, it’s our shared responsibility to act before it’s too late and come together to live a healthy and prosperous life.
You wouldn’t like it if something went wrong with your heart, would you? So hurry! Grab your Spandan ECG device right away.
It’s time to be Heart-Smart!